Leadership Breakfast Series
The Leadership Breakfast Series is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for HBS Club members and their guests to meet face-to-face with the most sought after leaders in business and the community. Their comments will be candid, insightful and not likely to be heard in public elsewhere. You can share your views with them during the pre-meeting buffet breakfast, question and answer period and post-meeting informal discussion.
The 2013-'14 line-up features exciting speakers from a diverse set of industries, including:
- James Hannan, CEO of Atlanta-based Georgia-Pacific, one of the world's leading manufacturers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals (October 16, 2013);
- Kat Cole, CEO of Atlanta-based Cinnabon, the market leader among cinnamon roll bakeries, currently operating in more than 1,000 franchised locations worldwide (November 13, 2013);
- Kirk Kinsell, President/Americas, Intercontinental Hotels Group, one of the world's leading hotel companies, with well-known brands such as the Intercontinental Hotels, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza Hotels, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites and more (December 10, 2013);
- Johnny Isakson, U.S. Congressman since 1999 and Senator since 2004. Senator Isakson launched the first Cobb County office of then-fledgling Northside Realty in 1967, ultimately presiding over its growth into the largest independent residential real estate brokerages in the Southeast and one of the largest in America (January 13, 2014);
- Kevin Brown, President & CEO of Piedmont Healthcare, which last year alone served nearly two million patients, performing over 44,000 surgeries, delivering 8,000 babies, handling 471,695 outpatient visits, completing 235 organ transplants and managing nearly 250,000 emergency room visits (February 20, 2014);
- Steven Mayer, Co-Head of Global Private Equity/Senior Managing Director of Cerberus Capital, lead investor in Atlanta-based YP, the high-profile spin-off from AT&T which is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in the world (March 12, 2014);
- Walt Ehmer, President & CEO of Waffle House, the iconic Southern staple now operating over 1500 restaurants (April 17, 2014); and
- Bernie Marcus, Co-Founder of Home Depot and founder and driving force behind the Georgia Aquarium, at the forefront of exciting developments around Centennial Olympic Park (May 22, 2014).
The series offers a unique business entertainment opportunity. To get the most out of it, try to attend every meeting and bring a guest. All meetings are held in the Buckhead Club, and the price includes breakfast, parking, great company, and the best conversation in town.
If you haven't done so already, join the President's Club and attend every meeting at big savings. For additional information, contact Tim Dodson at email@example.com or 404.572.6756.
HBSCA Leadership Breakfast Series Attendance Information
Who can Attend:
HBS Alumni & Guests
ABSA Alumni & Harvard Club of GA Members
7:15 A.M. Full Hot Buffet Breakfast
8:00 – 9:00 A.M. Remarks
HBS Club of Atlanta & ABSA Members: $30.00
President's Club Member: Free
Guests of Members: $30.00
The Buckhead Club
3344 Peachtree Road, Suite 2600-Main Dining Room
Atlanta, GA 30326
Click here for directions
Normal office attire
NOTE: We anticipate some of our breakfast meetings will attract more members than the Buckhead Club can accommodate. If this happens, priority will be given to President's Club members before other reservations are accepted.
Click here to register for an upcoming event.